Peavey Valveking 112 Mod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valveking 112 Mod ?

I modded my Valveking 112 tonight - added a presence control and replaced the resonance switch for a pot. Basically, I took the presence/resonance circuit from the 212 and pasted it in on the 112. It works, but doesn't make a huge difference on the sound. There was one resistor on the 212 that I didn't change on mine, and I was wondering if I should change it on mine. The 212 schematic is on top, 112 on bottom. I circled the resistor on the 112 so you can see it.
    Attached Files

that output circuit is freaking me out!!! looks very nonstandard for a high wattage amp. do you have the rest of the schematic?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboy View Post
      that output circuit is freaking me out!!! looks very nonstandard for a high wattage amp. do you have the rest of the schematic?
      I have both ... but I can't upload them (too big). I can email them to you if you want to look at them.

jtworkman@gmail.com

Comment

I'd like a copy of the schematics if anyone has them.... I recently aquired a VK112 for the big price of .... $FREE, brand new in box... the amp definitely has potential, but I'd like to see the schems to see what I can do to make it a little better
        Thanks in advance

Comment

Email to:

parts@peavey.com

and ask for them.

Also, if I am not mistaken, Steve has them on his site:

www.blueguitar.org
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah, Peavey is really good about sending out schematics. I got them right away via email. By the way I'd be anxious to hear what you do to that VK. I did some simple stuff like copy the presence and resonance from the 212, but nothing else yet. I'm always up for improvements, though!
            jtworkman@gmail.com

Comment

ValveKing 112 Mod

I have owned this amp for a year but never been happy with the sound. Lately I changed the 12AX7 Preamp tubes. Wow, what a difference. Now I am thinking of upgrading the speaker. Any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
              X