Port City cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port City cabs?

Port city cabs have some great things going for them.

does anybody have any internal shots? Could we reverse engineer the concept here?

Seems like an angled baffle directs rear speaker sound out a port of the bottom of the cab. I'm sure there's a catch, but has anybody tried this?

Here's to my first post here! Been around sewatt for a while but a newbie here. You seem like a great crew!

Peace
    Stuart

I don't check this section often so this is a bit late...

Based on few gut shots I've seen and the information about overall dimensions and construction this should be pretty close (see attechment).

The 45-degree slants are plywood and run along the whole cabinet width. They are attached to the side walls of the cabinet with dado joints. I'm not quite sure how the bottom one is constructed since photos I saw didn't depict this part in full detail. The port is angled to project upwards but I'm not entirely sure if it is done in a 45 degree angle or wider. There is a possibility that the whole bottom of the cabinet interior is slanted a little bit (again the photos didn't depict this part of the construction in enough detail).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by teemuk; 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X