Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Vox BerkleyII , Reverb suddenly stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Vox BerkleyII , Reverb suddenly stopped working?

The reverb on the Vox berkley II suddenly stopped working. ?. Does anyone have any idea where i should look first?
    Thanks in advance

Originally posted by rosssurf View Post
    The reverb on the Vox berkley II suddenly stopped working. ?. Does anyone have any idea where i should look first?
    Thanks in advance
    If you rattle the tank you should hear the springs through the speakers. If not then there is a problem with the tank output or the return circuit in the amp. If you do hear the springs, then the problem is in the tank input or the drive circuit in the amp.

First thing to check is the tank and the wires going to and from the tank. Start by twisting each of the RCA plugs that enter the tank to make sure that they are making good contact.

If that doesn't fix it, remove the tank from the amp and check the wires that connect the RCA jacks to the transducer coils.

Comment

Thanks 52 Bill! I really appreciate your help, and the quick response . Do you know where i might find a link to a schematic or possibly a parts layout?

Comment

Originally posted by rosssurf View Post
        .....Do you know where i might find a link to a schematic or possibly a parts layout?
        Both the schematic ( complete with voltages/test points ) and PCB layout can be found inside the Berkeley II manual, together with a parts list and transistors' pin-outs, try this link :

http://www.schematicheaven.com/voxam...y_II_v1081.pdf

Just to complement what Bill said, you can also check the transducer coils too by measuring the transducer coils' winding resistance, you should have a few tens ( LO-Z reverb tank ) a few hundreds ( MED-Z reverb tank ) or 1 to 2 KiloOhms ( HI-Z reverb tank ), if you read "open" on either side then either that coil, or the internal connection between the RCA socket and that coil, is open.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Bob
        Last edited by Robert M. Martinelli; 05-21-2009, 10:26 AM.
        Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

You folks are great!

Thanks to all!, You folks are great!

Comment

Working...
          X