A5 and charging direction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5 and charging direction...

I have made a few A5 strat sets and have had pretty good success IMO. After winding them I have found and heard many times on the forum that most if not all A5 only charges in one direction. When I built these sets I assembled them uncharged (Mojo Mags) and charged the final assembly. When I did this I didn't really think about charging direction so I must have had some in the "Wrong" direction unless I was incredibly lucky...Ha!

So:
    1. Is there a way to tell before they are charged which direction they are supposed to be charged? (I like dealing with them uncharged until the assembly is wound because misc metal slivers don't get stuck to the poles)
    2. Will they partially charge in the "wrong" direction? If so to what extent...would I need a gaussmeter to even notice?

Thanks in advance guys! (and potential gals...btw are there any lady winders on here?)

A5 being anisotropic, it is meant to be charged in the direction it was manufactured for.
    As for the pole piece this means accross the length (as opposed to accross the diameter), so basically you can't go wrong if doing this accross the length.
    If I understand your question properlly, there is no such a thing as north/south mandatory direction but rather a unique axis to charge the magnet.
    If you follow this axis, you may charged it either way (North / South or South / North accros the length)
    www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Comment

Ahhh... That makes sense to me now. That explains why I did not have any issues with the strat sets I made!

Comment

Working...
      X