Tube or solid state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube or solid state?

I just can't quite decide if this is still a tube amp or if it now is a solid state amp. it is pretty cool either way.

.:: FenderŪ.com ::.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Considering the time and effort... The layout, etc. I think it's a tube amp. You would never spend that kind of time building a silicootie amp.

Very cool

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Solid state. Plastics don't undergo mass transformation during isothermal phase changes.

Oops, sorry, we're talking amps not plasticurgy. Um, I say it's awesome and should be mine. But more to the point, tube:

Turret board and all:
      -Mike

Comment

Gosh, that's cute. I sure hope it has an external speaker jack.
        Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
        Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

I had to rub my eyes to get them to focus. (I couldn't see the little bumps on the first couple of pics)
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

I love the attention to detail, especially the tube chart on the inside cab wall.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X