P and J bass pickup parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P and J bass pickup parts

I'm going to wind my first set of bass pickups but am having some trouble locating parts.

I have found the flat work sets at allparts but I cannot find a source for the correct magnets.

Where to you guys get your J and P bass pickup parts?

Thanks
    Dave

Will the stewmac magnets fit in the allparts P and J bass bobbins? The stewmac magnets have a 0.195" diameter .

Comment

Allparts sell 5mm magnets. they just don't list them but in any case you may like to ask Steven Kirsting
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

I've been in contact with steve, he said I need 6mm magnets for the allparts bobbins. I just need to find where I can get them. I'll give allparts an email and see if they can sell me any suitable magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
          Allparts sell 5mm magnets. they just don't list them but in any case you may like to ask Steven Kirsting
          Not in the US...I've tried. I told them that AllParts UK sells them and they said that they are "not available here".

~Stan
          -Stan
          ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
          Stan Hinesley Pickups
          FaceBook

Comment

The 6mm magnets makes no sense at all. Have you checked the id of the Allparts flatwork? In that case just make your own flatwork and get some .188 magnets from Allstar.

Comment

I've sent allparts an email asking what magnets size they use, it looks like I may just make my own flatwork.

Comment

Working...
              X