Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find high quality Electrolytics Supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find high quality Electrolytics Supply?

Hi all,
    Can anyone steer me in the right direction for finding quality electrolytic capacitors online?
    Thanks!! --J

For what application?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

One stop shop hopefully for signal, filter, bypass etc? Thanks! There's no brick and mortar shops here in much electronics besides Radio Shack!

Comment

If you can stand to deal with this guy Ampmedic on eBay has some large filter caps. I am quite sure he does not make them but buys and relables caps. Antique electronics has both Sprague Atom, and the German K&Ms or whatever thay are along with some multisection electrolytics. They are at Tubesandmore.com . They also have decent prices. Just Radios has a nice selection of stuff. I wish there were more high voltage electrolytics out there, but sadly they are no longer in great demand. EBay always has multisection cans, but caps tend to suffer from long periods of inactivity. Best of luck.

Comment

Dear Mr. Enzo,
          I found a nice Neutrik section in the Newark catalog. As this guy says the brick and mortar electronics shops are disappearing, and Radioshack is about worthless. In Phoenix we have Antique Electronics, and Apache Surplus. Pack a lunch for a visit to Apache. Mhz used to be really great, but now I am unsure what they do. The city fire marshall closed them down. Too many shelves of stuff too close together, and too close to the ceiling. Otherwise you could spend days in that place.

Comment

Hi, and welcome.

it is just plain Enzo, no "Mr." needed.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hahahaha... Thanks for the advice. But I already cant stand to deal with that guy on ebay. What a dick.
              Thank you very much for the recommendations, I will try there!
              Aloha, JD

Comment

I have NEVER had any problems with the ATOM caps... Properly grounded (in the right place) I don't get any ghosting even on amps that are designed to be dimed ALL THE TIME. And FWIW many report that they haven't had any problrms with the cheap Xicon caps either. Though I don't use them myself. But if your doing R&D you should try both and see for yourself. Mouser.com carries both.

JM2C

Chuck
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                X