Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup Maker's Showcase launches, entries needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Maker's Showcase launches, entries needed!

OK, I think I got it figured out and it looks like everything is working and I didn't break anything

I posted the rules on a sticky so PLEASE READ that FIRST! Any other ideas for rules please let me know, I did the best I could.

To have your YouTube videos show up in your thread submission simply copy the URL of your video when it is playing and paste it into your submission text and your video will imbed into your Showcase submission.

Let It Rock!!!!!! Lets fill the Showcase with alot of cool stuff, its open for business so go for it!
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Hey I thought this was going to be a bit more of a show-and-tell area. Are pickups the only products we're allowed to display? What about pickup covers and pickup rings? What about whole guitars of our own making that include pickups?

Comment

A few things

1. The showcase is a fully moderated forum; all posts must be approved by a moderator before they will appear in the forum.

2. Each thread will have only one post; replies have been disabled.

3. In order to post, you'll need to be a member of the Pickup Makers user group. To become a member, go to your User CP and click "Group Memberships."
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

David, sounds ok to me. The idea IS a show and tell but comments are disabled and this is also a very public area that will ultimately be getting alot of outside hits I'm sure. Show us what you make and what you want visitors to see of your work.

TBoy if someone wants to do a new thread with the stuff they make do they have to contact me or the good Dr. S first or will we be notified by message that there is a new post to approve?
        Not sure how that one works....
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
          if someone wants to do a new thread with the stuff they make do they have to contact me or the good Dr. S first or will we be notified by message that there is a new post to approve?
          You should be notified by email whenever there's a new post to approve.
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

OK, thanks, I hope everyone will get on board and make this an interesting area to visit.
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Don't let your email server get full or all those emails to you will bounce...haha.

Greg

Comment

Duh.....server emails are deleted on download.....
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

instructions for submissions....

I put instructions in the sticky on the Showcase. Its really easy. I'll repeat it here. Start a new thread. Put ALL your submissions into that ONE thread, don't make 3 threads. YouTube videos can be embedded by simply copying the URL from your browser while your video is playing, then paste it into the thread text. You won't see the video if you preview the submission, it will only show up after your Showcase entry is approved and processed. Audio files can be managed as attachments or URL links. Photos as attachments. etc. Once you are done press the "submit" button as usual to start a new thread. This will notify the moderators that a new thread needs to be approved. Once its checked over and approved your entry will appear in the Showcase. Simple?
                  Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Would it make sense to have the default display in this forum show the most current thread first? That way everyone would get the most current content whenever they visit. It would probably encourage people to update content frequently which would keep things interesting. Right now the display default shows the threads in ascending order so the oldest thread is always first. If you change the display order to show the newest post first, then go away and come back the default switches it back to showing the oldest post first since the default is ascending. I'm not having this problem with other forums here. Is there a fix for that?
                    Last edited by JGundry; 06-07-2009, 03:04 PM.
                    They don't make them like they used to... We do.
                    www.throbak.com
                    Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

How Do I Post To The Showcase?

I tried and got the message that my account doesn't have sufficient privileges.
                      Chris Monck
                      eguitarplans.com

Comment

I don't know why that is, you are a member, thats all thats needed. Contact TBoy and find out, I only approve entries. Just FYI I'm a nite owl so any new entries I check usually around 6pm west coast time....
                        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by tonedeciple View Post
                          I tried and got the message that my account doesn't have sufficient privileges.
                          You need to join the user group:
                          Originally posted by tboy View Post
                          In order to post, you'll need to be a member of the Pickup Makers user group. To become a member, go to your User CP and click "Group Memberships."
                          -tb

Comment

Very cool submissions so far, thanks to all of you. One suggestion, though, is for you to give a little info on what amp you're using when you record, whether you're using reverb, maybe even how you're mic'ing/recording the tracks.

Comment

Working...
                            X