Rectifier fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectifier fuse?

Today I pulled a 15A 65V rectifier fuse out of an SWR bass amp that I am repairing. I have never seen nor heard of this type of fuse. Obviously some idiot put it in there. What is a rectifier fuse and where is it (correctly) used?

Without a picture or a listing of any numbers on it, it is hard to say what you have. I myself have never heard of a "rectifier fuse."

A visit to google and i am still unsure. It looks to me like a rectifier fuse is an ultra fast fuse designed to protect semiconductors.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I can only speak on tube amps but I add a fuse between the rect tube and the B+ before the eyelet board and use a fuse holder with a 1/4 or 1/2 amp fuse which seems to be the lowest value I find available .

Comment

catnine, welcome to the forum.

I don't think Axtman is looking to fuse his rectifier.

His SWR amp is solid state, and he is looking at a part called a "rectifier fuse."

The only thing that occurs to me is that these fuses are extra fast, and might be used to protect the speakers?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X