Crate GFX-120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GFX-120

Looking for a schematic for a Crate GFX-120. I have power to the amp, but output is intermittent. I initially thought it was the input jack, but when I was changing settings on the knobs I noticed that when I push in on the knob (any knob) the output cuts out, but when I pull on the knob it comes back in. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Yes, pull the board and resolder all the controls AND jacks. WHile it is out, check each control to see if it has cracked or broken.

Also check with an ohm meter every jack with a cutout contact - effects loop returns input jacks, even footswitch jacks - make sure the contacts have less that half an ohm of resistance when closed.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Do you happen to have the schematic or do you not think it's necessary?

Comment

My disc isn;t handy. You don;t need it for what I suggested. I will post it when I get a chance. Then you'll have it if you need it then.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sounds good, I'll give it a shot. Thanks again!

Comment

This should be it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X