Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight from a long gone past....

Hi everybody!

I recently stumbled upon a Vox Wah, ( belonging to a friend ) which has been sitting, left aside for decades, in a garage....

The unit looks like a late 60s/early 70s one, my bet would be on a Dallas/Arbiter pattern, built for Vox by Jen in Italy ( ARCO and Ducati capacitors inside ).

Needless to say, the unit needs some TLC to be brought in full working order, so I opened it, and.....surprise, surprise, the original schematic is still on the back of the rear cover.... the paper's yellowed with age, and there are some stains due to humidity, but the schematic is still perfectly readable! I though it would have been good to post it here, so I scanned it at a very high resolution and converted it to jpg.

Interestingly, the inductor value's not indicated, anyway, it's the standard 500 mH one ( black ).

Can't help myself feeling an archeologist ( sort of an Indiana Jones with a soldering iron instead of a handgun ) when I have the luck of finding things like this, so I thought it was a good thing to share this find of mine with my "fellows solder fume breathers" ( credits to enzo ).

Cheers

Bob

P.S. - Being a 40 years old design, I don't think I'm infringing any copyright by posting the schematic ( after all there already are TONS of schematics on the internet ), but, should this be the case, I kindly ask tboy to remove this post.
    Attached Files
    Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

The younger generation will never understand to appreciate the artwork involved in drawing schematics by hand and laying out a pc board using tape on a reel. Even using a template, I couldn't have drawn the schematic symbols as well as they are printed here.

Thanks for sharing your find Bob.

CJ

Comment

cool thanks for scanning this Bob! The "68" must be a typo though (shouldn't that be 68k?).

Comment

@ Dai:
        You're right, I spotted the missing inductor value and didn't notice the missing "K" next to the "68".

May I call you "Eagle Eye"?

@ cj:
        You couldn't be closer to the truth, I started designing and printing my own PCBs very early, and I know how much labor and sweat it takes......now everything is easier, but it has lost some of the "flavor" it used to have....

Cheers

Bob
        Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Working...
        X