Selling P.A.F. decales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling P.A.F. decales

There seems to be alot of people here that make paf clones on this forum so I thought some of you would be interested in this.
    P.A.F. Decales - eBay (item 110399559560 end time Jul-06-09 18:50:46 PDT)
    I thought I might use these but I dont make paf clones. If you have any questions. Let me know. Thanks.

I wonder how authentic they are, are they really silk screened or just lasercolor? I do my cheesy cheapo ones on so-called "waterslide" inkjet paper, but they are far from being what the real ones are. Real waterslide decals are really fragile, if you made model airplanes when you were a kid, you'd know.
    To make real PAF decals you have to use oil based silk screening technique on real decal paper....
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
      I wonder how authentic they are, are they really silk screened or just lasercolor? I do my cheesy cheapo ones on so-called "waterslide" inkjet paper, but they are far from being what the real ones are. Real waterslide decals are really fragile, if you made model airplanes when you were a kid, you'd know.
      To make real PAF decals you have to use oil based silk screening technique on real decal paper....
      I couldnt tell what its made out of but they do look like the model decals. I remember those being a pain in the ass. Having to put them in water and waiting to slide them off. It comes with instruction on how to apply them just like the ones that come with model cars. Hope that helps you.

Comment

Yeah they are a pain in the butt to put on and easy to destroy if you don't get it right the first time. The inkjet ones are a little on the thick side, they're not very authentic but I had fun with them making pin up girl decals for my Epi ES295 guitar. I do the PAF decals for my VL set, they look ok on relic'd baseplates but on new baseplates they don't look so great.....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Your decals look just like the ones that a seller from hong kong was selling for $10 a set a while ago.
          www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

The problem that mostly breaks up a waterslide decal is leaving it to soak too long. No more than 6 seconds in very slightly tepid water and then put it to one side. YOU just need to wait for the paper backing then to absorb the water it has picked up and the decal will remain a much more rigid component.
            Test now and then for it to slide off and once free just slide in place. It may take 4or5 mins to do this but the breakup situation will greatly decrease.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
              Your decals look just like the ones that a seller from hong kong was selling for $10 a set a while ago.
              I bought them from him awhile back. It was the only place I new I could get paf decals. I'm selling all 4 sets for the same price I bought them for. Whitch was $10 a set. I bought 4 of them.
              Last edited by ; 06-07-2009, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X