Lap Steel Pickup for Rewind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lap Steel Pickup for Rewind

Never seen one before ,maybe someone knows something about it.
    Here is a few pics:
    Attached Files

I have no idea, but there are som monster pickups in the making there...whait...those guys arn't making pickup. They are making motors! Trying to trick us are you, huh

Comment

That Red Bull shit will kill you
      http://www.SDpickups.com
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

wrong pic ,sorry.........

Hello Possum,
        no Red Bull will kill my buddy Flo,he is the dark haired boy you see winding the DC amature.Winding is our biz and there is more things to wind than pickup coils,we had lots of fun that day in school and lots of beer in the evening.
        Cheers
        db

Comment

I recently have used such a pickup on a new guitar building project. I got it from somebody, but he got it from someone in the US, who thinks, it might be a National. But I have never seen anyone again. Does anybody have seen this ever again, ore might know more about how it is constructed? We would like to copy it, but are not sure how to achieve a similar design. Especially we do nots know, what or where is the magnet. It may be inside of a that huge coil, as I do not think, that this big metal bar in the middle is a magnetic material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZY6W9360.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,015.2 KB
ID:	832250

Comment

I just found out myself, that the pickup I a have on my guitar here, is the pickup mentioned in this thread. Every single scratchmark is 100% identical. So somebody of you guys above did a rewind on it, right? A few years ago though... If anybody of you reads this, can you tell me, how this pickup looks under the wire??? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X