Two Hi-Gain Builds w/Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Hi-Gain Builds w/Clips

Here's clips of two new Hi-Gain builds i've done recently.
    1) Mule M50--- modern voiced 50 watt head, sweet, singing lead tone with plently of bite----- JCM 800-type control layout with addition of Power Damping---- pics soon---- ground-up build.

2)Sound City 120-to-SLO conversion---- SC 120 gutted and rebuilt as SLO lead channel----- Re-used original massive Partridge transformer set (added Merg Mag 10H choke)---- new internal guts including new turret boards, tube sockets, modern Marshall-type Voltage and Speaker Impedance switches, all new components, wire, pots---- gut pics here (no faceplate yet): SC 120-SLO pictures by gldtp99 - Photobucket

Running 4 x EL34 vs the orig amp's 6 x EL34---- it's still massively powerful--- an air moving/chest thumping monster--- has Gain, MV, Treb, Mid, Bass, Pres, Resonance, and Power Damping.

Sound Clips here: SoundClick artist: gldtp99 - page with MP3 music downloads

Click on "Mule M50" and "SC 120-SLO"
    Amp Clips: http://soundcloud.com/gldtp99

wow, thick as a brick! The Marshall was a little more articulate, but the SLO was definitely more br00tal. There was a little too much cross track echo for me to hear details of the build, but a damn impressive effort!

Comment

Not really my kind of sound, but it definitely sounds good.
      Check out my signal generator for your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Comment

Working...
      X