Silvertone 1484 Twin Twelve Tremolo Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1484 Twin Twelve Tremolo Not Working

The tremolo on my Silvertone 1484 has recently stopped working. At first it started getting weaker but now it just doesn't work at all. I have switched out the 12ax7 tube for another and that's not the problem. I'm thinking maybe it might be the cap. I recently replaced all the old caps with new ones except the one to the tremolo. If anyone has any idea what it could be I'd very much appreciate it.

Hi,
    I'd check the trem optocoupler ( Neon lamp + LDR ), also, check the plate voltage on the second half of V6 - it should swing at the trem oscillation rate.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Bob
    Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Originally posted by elixxrx66 View Post
      I recently replaced all the old caps with new ones except the one to the tremolo.
      It's the caps IN the tremolo oscillator curcuit you probably need to replace. I just did this to fix a 1474. I replaced all the caps in the tremolo circuit, but I think from what I read around here that it's the 3 .02uf ones in the phase-delay-feedback-thingy (what's it called again?) that are usually the culprit.

EDIT: I guess in this amp it's 2 .01ufs and a .02uf. Not saying this is what's wrong with your amp but if you search this you'll see that it a pretty common problem. They get leaky or somthing.

Comment

Working...
      X