Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey encore 65

2 questions today.

#1.....just did a cap job on Peavey encore and now ( only when the standby switch is in the on position ), there is a sound from the speaker like " wind blowing " ....just like someone holding a mic in a windy place. It comes and goes but is there most of the time.

# 2.....where can I get a PRE pull bright pot. i cleaned it but it is inconsistant.

The power tubes are old but amp sounds good.

Thanks
    Doc Stitches

Originally posted by Doc Stitches View Post
    2 questions today.

#1.....just did a cap job on Peavey encore and now ( only when the standby switch is in the on position ), there is a sound from the speaker like " wind blowing " ....just like someone holding a mic in a windy place. It comes and goes but is there most of the time.

# 2.....where can I get a PRE pull bright pot. i cleaned it but it is inconsistant.

The power tubes are old but amp sounds good.

Thanks
    Doc Stitches
    I had that sound when I had a bad preamp tube. Mine was V1. With a cap job it deserves new tubes too.
    sigpicCharlieP
    (2)Peavey VK 112 2008
    Fender SuperSonic 60W 112 2010, 5E3 Build Mojotone
    Met. Red LP Gibson Robot 2008 Tronical Tuners
    Faded Cherry LP Gibson 2007
    Fender Strat HSS LSR S1 2008 Pearl
    Fend FSR Telebot Dlx Candy App 2011 Tronical Tuners
    Gretsch G5120 2007 Black

Comment

With new fresh caps, voltages are probably marginally higher, and leakages are removed exposing other things. Certainly can be a noisy preamp tube. Can also be a noisy resistor.

For any parts for Peavey products, contact the parts department at Peavey.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X