Stompbox power ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stompbox power ?

I'm finishing up my ts-5 rehousing/mod project, finally got my drill bit today, put it all together, and when I plugged it in, nothing. I'm powering it off of my boss tuner, and it worked fine until I fastened the DC jack to the enclosure. I took out only the DC jack from the enclosure, and it powers up and plays fine. What should I do? I wired it up the way that the attached diagram is wired. Also, when the jack is in the enclosure, it lets signal through when in bypass mode, but not in active mode. Pedal is wired for true bypass.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by msclford; 12-13-2006, 09:06 PM. Reason: attachment

You could try wiring the negative of the battery to the switch. it wouldnt be a "plug in a cable and its activated" pedal, but at least that way you can see does it work.
    What value is R1? Should be something around 4k7. If its not, change it.

Comment

Update, I put in a plastic jack and it works fine. For future reference, should I not use metal power jacks unless I'm using an insulating enclosure?

Comment

Aha. For future reference, never assume that EITHER side of the power adaptor goes to ground in an effects pedal.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X