Magnet Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet Charger

I was checking out another thread here that touched on this. Anyway, I want to get a magnet charger for my shop and I was wondering if anyone had a good source that sells them for a reasonable price. Nothing fancy, just need to charge alnico bars and rods. Preferably Capacitive Discharge. THanks in advance.

Josh

Yes, there is an affordable magnet charger available.
    It's $600....

Comment

That's not a CD model is it? BTW, I think they are selling the same one at http://www.magnetsource.com/Solution...etizrsetc.html for about $525. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

charger

its pretty much the same one, not a CD just uses two big ass coils. Shipping is what gets you....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Hey Dave, how's it going? Did you get one similiar to this? What did shipping run you? I'm guessing these bad-boys weigh close to a metric ton with all that iron in them. BTW, how's Duff's Jam? I'm coming into Portland the week of Christmas and I'm going to try and make it out there. It's been too long.

Josh

Comment

Hey Josh! I was wondering who Pep was. Glad to see you've joined us here. The Duff's jam is as good as ever, although Possum has been MIA for a little bit. He can tell you about that in an email if he wants. Wolfe was there once in august I think it was. Despite that he was dead ass tired from a day at the race track in his Porsche, I think he enjoyed it. I still need to get him the recordings of that day since the host used my Strat with some of Wolfe's pickups in it. Maybe over xmas....

Anyway, I'll be at the Duff's jam whether Possum is able to be there or not, so if you come by, be on the lookout for me.

Greg Simon

Comment

charger

Josh was wondering if that might be you. I got the same one as Wolfe, don't remember what shipping was, you can email them and ask what charges are. Its a handy tool to have, it way overcharges magnets so you have to degauss them on almost everything. I haven't tried it with the variac yet which is one idea. Haven't been going to any jams, having a health crisis brought on by stress with tax problems, big crash. Getting a little better today.....
              http://www.SDpickups.com
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Oh man, Dave I am really sorry to hear that. I could write a novel on stress issues. Ask my phsychiatrist . Are you going to be around the week of christmas? If you feel up to it, I'll be more than happy to get you a beer or three.

Comment

Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
                  Hey Josh! I was wondering who Pep was. Glad to see you've joined us here. The Duff's jam is as good as ever, although Possum has been MIA for a little bit. He can tell you about that in an email if he wants. Wolfe was there once in august I think it was. Despite that he was dead ass tired from a day at the race track in his Porsche, I think he enjoyed it. I still need to get him the recordings of that day since the host used my Strat with some of Wolfe's pickups in it. Maybe over xmas....

Anyway, I'll be at the Duff's jam whether Possum is able to be there or not, so if you come by, be on the lookout for me.

Greg Simon
                  Hey Greg, how goes it? Yeah, I am really going to shoot to be there. It is wednesdays right? Starts up around 8:00? It would be great to see you again. Man I miss the P-town scene. Being in Bend is tough. You got your mix of hillbilly's and so-cal all stars in this Aspen wannabe.

Comment

Its going pretty well on my end Josh. The jam starts at 9:30, and goes until 12:30, but its best to be there a little early. It is Wednesday nights, and there is a $2 cover charge. Why did you move to Bend anyway?

Greg

Comment

Well, long story short I was having trouble finding a job in my profession (IT). I picked up a Systems Administrator position out here. At the time there was a flood of IT folks looking for work in Portland and a shortage of them out here. Times have changed though and I have had my eye open for a job up there again. If you ever have any leads feel free to pass them on. Are you still working on amps Greg?

Comment

Yah I am Josh, although I've been refinishing one of my own guitars lately. I haven't had as much time as I would like, because I've been working in IS/IT since January at Rodgers Instruments in Hillsboro, so there are good jobs out there. Good lucking finding one in the area!

Comment

Working...
                        X