Ear fatigue and making mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PremiumPlus View Post
    Plus, I remembered how great a signal generator is at finding rattles in your amp.
    That's brilliant. I was still hitting the note that makes the rattle and trying to hunt it down with my free hand. Pich, hunt... Pick, hunt. ha ha.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by PremiumPlus View Post
      it looks like there really is something to say about speaker break-in.
      Yeah there sure is. I found that with my tweed tremolux clone, if you put the speaker on the wrong secondary by one knotch (in my case I had the 8R speaker in the 16R tap) and switch it on and turn up the volume and trem speed and depth to maximum it makes a low-frequency chopper-like motor-boating sound (not unlike a Bell Iroquois) that is excellent for quickly breaking the speaker in. About 5 mins of this and the G12 that I (eventually) put in it sounds pretty damn heavenly.
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
      X