X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GX-15R Schematic

Hello Everybody!

Please excuse my bad english.

It's my first time posting a thread. I started about three months ago in guitar amp repair, and must admit that I`ve been lucky fixing some simple issues - loose potentiometers, or dirty ones, broken circuit boards, loose cables, etc. - and also lucky about finding the schematics, but not this time. I have to repair a Crate GX-15R amp fallen from a closet 7' high on a concrete floor. Speaker winding broke and is being repaired at a specialized shop. But the amp doesn't work with a friend's replacement speaker. After a long web browsing I found that the old Crate site closed (SLM Electronics) so no schematics anymore.

This is the only site I found where members share those, then can somebody send or post a circuit diagram of the already mentioned amp for me please?

I know that I am just starting with this fix, but in trust of being supported by this high quality members of this forum.

Thank you very much in advance.

Crate and all the rest of SLM are part of Loud Technologies, and it is all alive and well.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Schematics Received.
      Excellent for a good beginning!

Thank you, very, very, much.

Comment

schematic

man i need a schematic for crate gx 15. can you help me

Comment

Did you look at the schematic I posted above? The GX15 and GX15R use the same board. Without a reverb, they sumply leave off the reverb parts.

Does that match your amp?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo,I also downloaded the schmatic for the crate GX15R,mine dosn't work either. It lights up but no sound,I took the guts out of the cab and looked it over. I can't seem to find anything wrong , burnt or broken,no loose wires, just no sound. I checked the speaker and it's ok.Any ideas. I'm not an amp repairman, just poking around. Thanks, TVJR.

Comment

Hello ENZO,
              I tried to print the Schematic but the format was not decoded by Adobe Reader so I can't print it. Could you please decode it and send it to me jagora?

Thanks
              Joe

Comment

Hey TVjr

I have the same problem now May 8th 2017, How did you fix it? I need help

Thanks Joe (jagora)

Comment

Originally posted by jagora View Post
                  Hello ENZO,
                  I tried to print the Schematic but the format was not decoded by Adobe Reader so I can't print it. Could you please decode it and send it to me jagora?

Thanks
                  Joe
                  there is no problem with the schematic printing.

nosaj
                  soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Hey,
                    It's a great schematic image BUT I can't print it, when I go to print the image automatically wants to save. I already have it saved. Any idea why I can't print it?

Comment

I imagine, since you can open it, it's a hardware software problem on your end. Can you print other things on your printer? It could be any number of things- printer driver not installed, default printer not selected, etc., etc.
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

If you have it saved, can't you open it, then print it?

Comment

Yes my printer works fine, let me try one more time

Comment

I tried it again but it's in a PRN extension not a PDF format, that's the problem

Comment

The schematic Enzo posted in post #2 is a .pdf file. You must not have saved it correctly. You usually get a .prn file when you save to some sort of software printer for future use or something of the sort. I'm thinking you are sending the schematic to a print file instead of a physical printer. Check to see that your actual physical printer is set as your default printer.
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                              X