5D3 Deluxe as a harp amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5D3 Deluxe as a harp amp...

...as suggested by Gerald Weber some time back. Changing the preamp power supply dropping resistor value, increasing coupling cap value, using a pot in place of the 56k resistor in the phase inverter, upping the cathode bypass cap value...any thoughts, or has anyone tried these mods? I have a 5E3 build, and am thinking of redoing it just to see how well it may work. TIA-

Personally I like dropping the power in the preamp section – I rather drop the power and have a 12AT7 than running a 12A-Y/U- 7 with normal power. Changing the caps to 0.1 is cool as well (but in a 5E3 they are 0.1 already. Regarding the phase inverter : It does work ! But not as described in his article – sorry. But hey if you got the 5E3 it should take you no time to test it ! I’m sure a lot got to do with speakers, personal taste, etc. Good luck ! Hope to hear your side of the story ; )

Comment

5D3 for harp...

Hi Morton- well, I received the few parts I neede to convert the 5E3 to the 5D3 today, and I have a variety of speakers on hand, so with any luck, I'll have something to post in a week or two (holidays...). Check out the other thread I have here discussing a design of Bruce Collins', which I'd REALLY like to try out. Thanks for your input, and happy holidays.

Comment

Edgar, fender or epiphone ,, always the same problem...

I got a sort of 5d3 amp. Its the same amp if i use novaltubes in preamp, but i could use oktaltubes if i want. Its called Edar and is a Swedish kit amp.
        Read about it if you want. http://www.ultimateguitargear.com/to...iews_edgar.htm
        I got the usual low mid/bass feedback problem..
        Do anybody have a suggestion what to do to get rid of it?

Comment

OOOPS Sorry Edgar is a sort of 5E3...

Comment

But now i modified it to a 5D3 and i have the unbalance pot. I uploaded some bad soundsamples at youtube. Search for arnenym and you find me.

Comment

Working...
            X