Need new build ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new build ideas.

I'm wanting to build a EL84 based amp in the 15 - 18 watt range. Something that will clean up nice with a volume roll off and a nice brittish breakup with volume all the way up. Do you think maybe Fender Tweed 6V6 stuff is more what I'm looking for? I really want an EL84 amp so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

AC15 (if you want Brit EL84s).

Something in a fixed bias 6V6 Tweed fender (like a 5G9) if you want to go 'american'
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Trainwreck

Originally posted by StratTone View Post
      I'm wanting to build a EL84 based amp in the 15 - 18 watt range. Something that will clean up nice with a volume roll off and a nice brittish breakup with volume all the way up. Do you think maybe Fender Tweed 6V6 stuff is more what I'm looking for? I really want an EL84 amp so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
      Trainwreck express! check You Tube for demos.
      Built one and it sounds awesome I am told. ( I am a builder , not a guitarist)
      Lots of circuit variations here:
      The Blue Guitar
      You can leave out the Trem if not required as I did.
      Last edited by unparalleled; 06-15-2009, 09:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I'm presently building a 20 Watt Marshall clone that uses EL84's (2061x Lead & Bass). I don't know what it's like though as I haven't finished it yet and have not found any build threads on it either. I'll report back the results.

It's an expensive build because of the transformers and 2x12 speakers but if that isn't a problem then it may be of some interest.

Comment

Working...
        X