Lock washers on jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock washers on jacks

Is it a good idea to use lock washers on jacks and pots??

a

If your chassis is stainless steel it is. Ally is a bit softer and it is easier to 'dig' the nuts in just by making them good and tight (without stripping them)
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Star washers

Ok so on the 5E3 type chassis that is using the brass ground plate, would one use the star washers between the brass plate and the inside of the chassis??

aneg

Comment

Yep spring washers help with the hold on brass
        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

I wouldn't think you'd sandwich anything between the brass plate and the chassis.

Comment

No washers needed.
            You mount the brass plate under the bushings of the Switchcraft jacks and between them and the chrome chassis.
            Tighten the bushing nuts hard enough for the jack to "dig" into the brass as you very very slightly twist the jack to get it to "seat" into the brass.
            Also, don't forget this tip:
            Always solder the ground wires onto the brass plate before mounting this stuff. If you don't do it first and mount the assembly to the chassis, it's a good bet you'll never get the brass and ground wires hot enough to flow solder and that is all there is to it.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
              If your chassis is stainless steel it is. Ally is a bit softer and it is easier to 'dig' the nuts in just by making them good and tight (without stripping them)
              All my tweed amp chassis are chrome plated mild steel and all my kits come with a nice brass ground plate.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
              X