Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Peavey Vypyr 15 (problem?)

Greetings to all! First post here.

I purchased this new Vypyr 15 amp today. I suspect the problem I am having is due to my unfamiliarity with the box. But can't be certain. I don't want to take it back (yet).

Plugged amp in, and as expected the leds go crazy back and forth, side to side. Manual does have a sequence one can use to turn them off - for good, if they get too annoying. The other way to shut them off is to plug-in guitar. Well, I have a 6-string guitar on order, but don't have one here at home. I do, however, have a bass guitar. I realize you don't play a bass through a 'regular' amp. But for continuity sake, I plugged it in, and it did shut off the panning leds, locking them onto whatever corresponding number the particular knob is set to. The problem is - I get no sound. The bass vol is turned up, as is the amp's. But nothing! I have not yet heard a note from it. I select various presets on the amp, turn some dials, and still, plucking a bass string does nothing!

Will a bass guitar not play even a note through a regular amp? I do have a 15w Peavey bass amp, and it plays fine there. So, hope just plugging the bass into the Vypyr didn't blow anything. Thoughts?

No, more likely a wire off the speaker or something. But you just bought it, it has a warranty, and that is what waranties are for. Take it back and show them it makes no sound. Let them sort it out under warranty. DOn;t go inside.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo. Tried again today, same result, initially. Yeah, I will use the warranty if I don't resolve this soon. Did some wiggling of the patch cable at the amp's "input" jack, and got some guitar sound. By moving cable around a bit, I got it to give me continuous sound now. But since the cable never hiccups when plugged into the bass amp, I am suspecting the new amp still. I will probably get a new cord and re-try. Although, as I sit here, I am thinking I should try reversing the cable aound, and see if problem remains. (everything's put away now).

But again,thanks for the response.

Comment

Well, seems other end of patch cord does same thing. Again, even wiggling cord, no issues either end on bass amp. Well, gotta find sales slip. Thanks Enzo.

Comment

OK, now it sounds more like cracked solder to the input jack or a bad jack, but either way, PV stands behind their amps with the warranty.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i have a problem with my peavey vyper 15, i dont know how to get rid of the tap tempo feature

Comment

How to get rid of it?

Comment

Working...
              X