mesa boogie become monophonic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesa boogie become monophonic

hi people, i wondered if anyone knows about a problem i have.. i have a mesa boogie f-30 amp. when i turn to channel 2 (overdrive) gain set at around 6-7 ish....when i turn the volume up to say 5 or 6 the amp squeels like a pig, with a guitar plugged in or not.if you tap the amp its like a live mic and its becomes microphonic. so i change all the valves, and problem still there. so i tap all tubes and the 2nd preamp sounds very clunky when i tap it with a chopstick.So replaced this and all valves again and still the probelm is there.So now i remove the amp from the chasis and start tapping around the caps with a chopstick and when i touch the cap that is right by tube 2 the amp becomes worse and screams more. so i change this cap. problem is still there....any ideas please? i have phoned mesa themselves and spoke to the tech and he is stumped.
    Last edited by eggle; 06-23-2009, 07:27 PM.

I'd look in that immediate area for bad solder joints or broken traces, then at V2's individual pin sockets - one of the grids' pins (especially the one that cap connects to) may be loose.

Hope this helps!

Comment

thanks for that, ill have another look later, if anyjoy ll let you know...cheers jas

Comment

Working...
      X