Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg VT120 Acting Funny

Hi all, newb here.

I have had an Ampeg VT120 sitting around for 2 years and not sure what is really wrong w/ it, and don't want to dish out tons of cash for something that can mean just tube replacement, etc. I've read that these amps are awesome, but I just haven't heard the full potential of the am.

It comes on and has normal volume once it's on. After a while (seems once tubes warm up) the volume goes DOWN. If I turn up all the way, I can get okay room volume, but at times it goes back to full volume and LOUD.

Not sure what I would need to do, so I've been using it as a cab for a no name v-4 clone head.

Any suggestions, comments, and what not?

Hi,

For detailed TS it would be required to measure heater and plate voltages to see if they brown out but usually such symptoms are caused by dirty/corroded input and/or FX send/return jacks. If present jumper the FX loop with a patch cable and check, also giving the input jack a good shower with DeOxit would be first action. All further TS would require to work on the powered amp open so it is a job for a qualified technician...

just my 2c
    bluesfreak
    I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

Working...
    X