Broken BOSS Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken BOSS Effect

Hi, I've got a big problem with my BOSS MT-2. It started behaving very weird because it 'loses' its switching position, I mean when I switch the effect on it always starts with bypass mode regardless it had been switched to non-bypass mode before. It occurs always when I switch the power on to the effect (either on the battery or adaptor). What is interesting, when I touch with e.g. needle the solder points on the board which may be the elements of bypass switching it immediately turns on to the distortion from bypassed guitar.

Anyone have any idea what can be broken here?

P.S.I've been thinking of true bypass modification on this effect like I've done it with my BOSS CE-2 Chorus (I only unsoldered one resistor which leaded to the mini-bypass circuit and it caused ommiting it and make the effect 'always on'), but there's so many elements here comparing to CE-2. Does someone have a clue how can I modify MT-2?

I don't understand what you are describing. Are you saying that when you apply power ( battery or AC Adapter) by connecting your guitar cable to it, the pedal is in bypass mode? If this is the case this is normal... ? Please explain in a little more detail.

Comment

Yes, but another my BOSS pedal (NS-2 Noise Surpressor) stay in that mode which was chosen before cutting the power and has the same bypass solution.
      This pedal always is in bypass mode indeed, no mather which mode is chosen before I cut and re-plug the power. I've gotta press the switch at each time to switch it to let's say EFFECT mode and it occurs after turning off the power for at least 5 sec (when I turn off and then turn the power on immediately it stays in that mode which had been chosen before).

EDIT: I've found sth interesting on the net:
      Code:
      I wish ALL pedals would return to the position they were left in when power was turned off...
      when I power up, some pedals I left on are still on, some need to be turned off, others turned on
      So the BOSS pedals seem to behave themselves in these weird ways :? I'm really confuesd.

EDIT2: Ok I've got the solution. I desoldered Q15 transistor which made it always on and I'm gonna assembly true bypass switch to it cause this current switching is quite annoying and sucks tone at all.
      Last edited by martinez_90; 06-30-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X