Peavey XR 1600D powered mixer no output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR 1600D powered mixer no output

Fixing to break into this thing. Any heads up on what the problem (or IC) causing this prob would be appreciated.

Be more specific. No output to speakers, but output OK to line outs and sends? No out at all anywhere? ANything happen if you feed the power amp in jacks, upper right? How about the main outs, the graphic ins and outs, the monitor outs and headphones? ANy of them work?

Aside from interconections and cutout jacks, you could have: blown power amp, blown internal fuses, missing power supply voltages, bad op amp in some buffer stage, connector off bewteen subassemblies, etc etc.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry, Got in a hurry with my post.
      No output through the speakers. Main, Monitors,graphs and phones are all ok.
      Nothing on the power amp in.
      Customer said it made a squeal and died. Was wondering if this was caused by a regular problem with this model.

Comment

If the power amp in jacks are not responsive, then the power amps are not running. If there are two dead power amps, that tends to mean to me something they have in common is bad, most likely powr supply.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I own a XR1600D and happened the same to me once. I could fix it replacing an internal fuse that it was burned out.

Comment

Peavey XR1600D

Hi,

I am planning to buy a Peavey XR1600D Powered Mixer juts like yours but I find it hard to find any pictures of it in the web.

Can you just sent me a picture of your XR1600D so I can have a rough idea what it looks like.

Thanks

Alex

Comment

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literat...s/80301359.pdf

That is the owners manual. There is no overall photo, but pictures of parts with the controls and jacks.

The XR1600F is a later version, but it ought to look more or less similar. Here is its manual.

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literat...00fenglish.pdf

Comment

Actually it wasnt mine, it was a friends. SO, sorry no pics.
                Enzo beat me to the punch on the other info. And he is right the show all the button and funtions, just not the whole mixer per sey. Only fifferenbetween the 800,1200,and 1600 is the amount of channels.
                By the way Enzo, I never did thank you. Your on the fly diagnoses of this mixer was 100% correct.

Comment

Yeah, we had one getting ready to do a county wide talent show got all the mics setup working got everything running, until my girlfriend walked up and talked into a mic.....no output, well waited a minte or two it worked. then it went out again and again and again, we finally wound up going to my church and getting our old Peavey XR 700C powered board. worked great during the entire show.

Comment

I'd wager one of your patch jacks was dirty.

Comment

Working...
                    X