Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noble High Fidelity?

Hello-

I recently inherited an amp from my grandfather. I'm having trouble finding any details about it. Just wondering if any of you might have some insight...

The brand is "Noble High Fidelity" but I cannot seem to locate any other s/n's or model information anywhere on the amp. Here are some more details....

The amp is a "twin" with 2 built-in 12". There is a switch marked "Internal Speakers" that is on/off and I assume works in conjunction with 2 1/4" jacks labeled "External Speakers".

The amp has two sets of pre-amp controls, each set has 2 inputs; total of four inputs. One input has a "mellow - normal" toggle switch, a bass knob, and a treble knob. The other input has a "normal - bright" toggle switch, a bass knob, and a treble knob.

The amp also has a tremolo with a footswitch control.

My best guess is the amp is about 40 years old based on recollections from the family.

Any ideas? Were these things popular at one point? Any historical details or general comments are welcome.

Thanks!

RH

If it's the Noble I'm thinking about (Don E. Noble & Company Inc. that imported accordions from Italy) then those amps were accordion amps made by various American OEM vendors. Most famously Ampeg and Magna Electronics (Magnatone amps). One of them might have an identical model.

Comment

That makes sense. This particular amp was the one my grandfather used with his concertina. It does resemble an old Ampeg, now that you mention it.

Thanks! Very helpful!

Comment

Working...
      X