Magnet Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet Charger

Hey does anyone have the name of the company that makes those push button magnetizers? I cant seem to find it. If I remember they were like 600 bucks. I'm sick of Neos and want one. Also if anyone has one for sale let me know.

b.

Originally posted by belwar View Post
    Hey does anyone have the name of the company that makes those push button magnetizers? I cant seem to find it. If I remember they were like 600 bucks. I'm sick of Neos and want one. Also if anyone has one for sale let me know.

b.
    here ya go. I have one too...it's the self contained magnitizer....it's heavy as hell....as you said, it cost around $600. As far as I know, they are the only retailer that carries this model.

It's been a while...but I think shipping cost around $60.

Gaussmeters, Magnetizers and Pole Finders - Master Magnetics, Inc.
    Last edited by kevinT; 07-02-2009, 10:45 PM.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

The company is All Magnetics.

The magnetizer can be hard to find on their site but if you call they will know. The last quote I got from them was $500. Which is why I've set out to build my own. But I have to admit, I often think of saving myself some time and just purchase it. Be great to see how theirs works.
      Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Magnut View Post
        The company is All Magnetics.

The magnetizer can be hard to find on their site but if you call they will know. The last quote I got from them was $500. Which is why I've set out to build my own. But I have to admit, I often think of saving myself some time and just purchase it. Be great to see how theirs works.
        another source
        www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

They are all about the same, I got mine from a company Wolfe recommended, it looks the same, costs the same. Remember to wear your magnetically shielded underwear when using if you plan on having children anytime soon. Otherwise you could have a kid born with North polarity....
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

@kevinT.. yep thats the one I was thinking of. same company? I did not see you post whenst I replied.
            Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Hi,
              i had build some in the past and I think 600 $ is a lot money for such a simple tool.

Comment

Well not really, there's probably at least $200 in magnet wire in the thing, custom made pole shoes, assembly, custom made case, labor, it adds up fast. Believe me they pay for themselves over and over....
                http://www.SDpickups.com
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Oh,
                  from my point it did cost me nothing but time.
                  -making one like the Gingery will cost you close to zero.It wount look as fine as a industrial made magnetizer but it will work and cost less than 40 euros if you have to buy wire and rectifier.
                  Main reason for me building one myself were the high shipping costs to europe (could not fine a company here that sells magnetizers) and the experience.

Comment

Electricdaveyboy, I'm interested to build one! How did you build it? Any link?

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
                      Oh,
                      from my point it did cost me nothing but time.
                      -making one like the Gingery will cost you close to zero.It wount look as fine as a industrial made magnetizer but it will work and cost less than 40 euros if you have to buy wire and rectifier.
                      Main reason for me building one myself were the high shipping costs to europe (could not fine a company here that sells magnetizers) and the experience.
                      I recently read the Ginergy Magneto Book and on the last page or two is specificaly states something to the effect of "This magneto is most likely to weak to charge modern ALNICO magnets". Are you saying you can Full Charge an A5 bar magnet with it?

Comment

Hi,
                        I made mine in style of the Gingery but I used bigger wire and wound the coils not to heat up.If I remember right I used 9 Ampere per square mm.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                          I recently read the Ginergy Magneto Book and on the last page or two is specificaly states something to the effect of "This magneto is most likely to weak to charge modern ALNICO magnets". Are you saying you can Full Charge an A5 bar magnet with it?
                          I have the same question. Here's what I read:

'You can recharge old magneto magnets, and create new iron magnets for experimental purposes. This will not recharge newer alnico, samarium, and similar alloy magnets since these need an enormous magnetic impulse beyond the capabilities of this machine. And beside these newer magnets usually don't go "dead" like "plain" ones.'

Lindsay: Gingery's Magneto Magnetizer
                          int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                          www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

Working...
                          X