Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Rockerverb - Reverb -real 'bong-ie' sounding

hey folks,
    I am working on an Orange Rockerverb 50 combo. The reverb is AWFUL. It resounds for way too long & is just basically very clangy & bong-ie. Tank is original & intact.

It probably needs the low freq rolled off, but I was wondering before delving into modding, has anyone had issues like this with this amp & is there some retrofit already known for this amp.

It appears that Trace Elliot is now designing these amps...at least when you look at the pcb it just screams at you 'TRACE ELLIOT'.

I looked on the Orange website forum, but that appears to be more for users, not techs.

There is a nice Orange website with some schemos that is for techs, but I don't see anything there The Orange Amp Mods page

Thanx, glen

SO try a different pan anyway.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Simple enough I guess...
      The guy was happy to just keep the reverb volume down. The pan had something like 85ohms on the drive side...perhaps one with a lower impedance would calm this down as it is tube/xfrmr driven...g

Comment

Working...
      X