Allen Accomplice actin' funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Accomplice actin' funny

My Allen Accomplice (essentially a one-channel Deluxe Reverb clone) has started making an odd-sounding warble when I play it - kind of like tremolo turned on a high-speed setting faintly tailgating each note. This is not limited to the high-strings - you can hear it on all of them.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Fred G.

Just wondering...have you called Allen amps?

Comment

I'd try replacing tubes one at a time to see if one of them is acting screwy. Remember, it's a tube amp. When in doubt, tubes first.

Comment

Why call Allen Amps when I can come here and get all the answers I need? I built the amp 10 years ago. I've been coming to this site since '97, and it's always been the best source of info.

I replaced power tubes a year or so ago and the current set has seen little heavy use. I've heard tubes go bad in the past, but warbling like this is something I've never heard one do - there's always a first time, I guess.

I'm inclined to think it's a filter cap but I'd like some additional opinions...

Thanks
        Last edited by Fred G.; 07-04-2009, 07:07 PM. Reason: Arrogant-sounding post

Comment

Working...
        X