Gaussmeter Kit Group-Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm OK with the part upgrades.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

As long as I can pay with a credit card, count me in as well.

I'm in Italy too, so Elepro, if you wanna contact me, you're welcome to do so.

Having an electronics background, I'm with RedHouse in buying better components for the project.
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

Count me in as a tentative participant, pending on re-reading -Elepro-'s thread.
        int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
        www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

Yep, ok, read it. I'm in. Please update the list.
          int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
          www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

No problem with the upgrades....

Comment

I agree with all of the parts upgrades. A few bucks extra for quality parts is well worth it.

I can pay by PayPal. Do you want a deposit or pre-payment to help you pay for the initial buys? Let me know and I will.

Comment

How much is the parts list workiing out to with the upgrades (ballpark), and what's the cutoff date? I've been skimming the threads, but maybe I'm missing something. $31-$42 for Elepro's part, about $10 for the board, and about how much for the components with the upgrades?

I'm not likely in because I've been blowing my hobby budget on other stuff, but if I can sneak this in under the wife's nose, and my buy will hit a discount threshold, I might be able to do this. I've no preference for the LCD color. And a big thanks to you guys for getting this together, esp Redhouse and Elepro, group buys can be a tremendous PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                  {EDIT} I liked the "Gray" one at first glance, but after looking at them on the website link below I definately like the white-backlight one the best. Much easier to read, more like a cell phone backlight.
                  Nice link Brad! Yes the white backlight is better! I'm in....

Comment

* {EDIT} I liked the "Gray" one at first glance, but after looking at them on the website link below I definately like the white-backlight one the best. Much easier to read, more like a cell phone backlight..
                    You can have a backlit LCD or you can have reasonable battery life.

You could also select a display for legibility with the backlighting shut off.
                    Black on grey is unesthetic (as in "ugly as dirt") but you can read it under
                    ordinary ambient light.

-drh
                    "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                      You can have a backlit LCD or you can have reasonable battery life.

You could also select a display for legibility with the backlighting shut off.
                      Black on grey is unesthetic (as in "ugly as dirt") but you can read it under
                      ordinary ambient light.

-drh
                      Go to the link and look at the one with the white backlight, when the light is off it's a normal looking LCD very readable under normal lighting.
                      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Updated Parts List:

R1
                        10k trimmer 531-PT6KV-10K (Phier) $0.41/ea

R2
                        5.6K 1/4w 271-5.6K-RC 1% Metal Film (Xicon) $0.13/ea

R3
                        47ohm 1/4w 271-47-RC 1% Metal Film (Xicon) $0.13/ea

C1
                        330nF polyester 505-MKS20.33/63/5 (Wima) $0.49/ea

C2,C3
                        100nF polyester 505-MKS2.1/63/5T (Wima) $0.27/ea

C4
                        100nF polyester 505-MKS02.1/63/10 (Wima) $0.45/ea

D1
                        1N4001 625-1N4001-E3/54 (Vishay) $0.04/ea

IC1
                        7805T 863-MC7805BTG (On Semi) $0.55/ea

(2) N.O. MOM switch 506-MSPS103C0 (Tyco) $1.51/ea
                        (2) SPST mini toggle 611-T101-001 (C&K) $4.05/ea
                        (1) DIP28 (for IC3) 517-4828-6004-CP $0.31/ea

(1) 9v batt clip 534-84-6 $0.44/ea

517-929834-01-16 (Header) $0.58/ea
                        517-974-01-16 (Sockets) $1.76/ea

IC2 - A1302 (hall sensor) $1.50
                        IC3 - PIC16F883 (from Elepro 22-euro) $30.66-USD
                        LCD Display
                        763-0216K1Z-FSW-FBW (white LED backlight) $10.72/ea

-------- $59.83 ------------------

PCB $9
                        -------- $68.83 ------------------

With Terminals:
                        (1) 3-Term right angle header M# 571-6404553 $0.19/ea
                        (1) 3-Term socket M# 571-874995 $1.00/ea
                        (4) 2-Term right angle headers M# 571-6404532 $0.15/ea ...$0.60
                        (4) 2-Term sockets M# 571-874993 $1.37/ea ...$5.48
                        (11) Terminals M# 571-1025486 $0.45/ea ...$4.95

-------- $81.05 ------------------

This price estimate is for parts only, there will be additional cost for shipping to be worked out amoungst us ...and... assumes we can get the 22-euro rate from Elepro if we can get 10 people in on the buy.

We can drop $12 off the top if we elect to solder the wires to the board (or use surplus sourced connectors) instead of ordering the right-angle terminals and connectors from Mouser.

Shipping to me is usually under $10 from Mouser, that leaves us to decide how we all want them shipped to each of us individually.

I'd prefer to use USPS as the local UPS store is a pain in the backside. I'm guessing that slow-boat postage will be $3 or less to US addresses, Priority Post is $4.85 to US addresses and gets you 2-day delivery.

Is anyone in on this located outside the USA? we'll have to work out your shipping rate individually.
                        Last edited by RedHouse; 07-07-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: forgot the PCB
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
                          I can pay by PayPal.
                          PayPal is a good way to go, and allows even those people without PayPal to pay by credit card.
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

RH, make sure you add a buffer for the PayPal fees is that's the way you prefer payment, the nickle and diming on that kind of thing can add up quickly.

Comment

if i should build it again i would put wire directly in the pcb.....
                              .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                              .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

We can drop $12 off the top if we elect to solder the wires to the board (or use surplus sourced connectors) instead of ordering the right-angle terminals and connectors from Mouser.

-----------------------------

Is anyone in on this located outside the USA? we'll have to work out your shipping rate individually.
                                I prefer to solder the wires to the board but if the group buy would like to go with the terminals, no problem.

Brad, I'm outside the USA, near Elepro, can you check the shipping to Athens Greece?

Comment

Working...
                                X