Gaussmeter Kit Group-Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I got a little bit confused!

With the sensor that the Group buy got, the A1302, is the polarity correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by spy View Post
      Hey I got a little bit confused!

With the sensor that the Group buy got, the A1302, is the polarity correct?
      yes, with a1302 polarity is correct
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
        ...you can wait and will have a discount for version 3 (new professional PCB with double side layer, double side soldermask and silkscreen + a small PCB for double side A1302/AD22151 probe.... + upgrades in firmware ..... average mode (read this ) + on board 4 tactile push button with power on/off-backlight on/off- sensor change - and all other functions... and on board usb connector for probe.... super easy to mount... only battery wire.... prototype picture soon...

bye
        How much will this new one be?
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• i don't know now....but about 22 euro (PIC + professional PCB) for who has the old version 2

Comment

• Elepro, keep us updated!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
              i don't know now....but about 22 euro (PIC + professional PCB) for who has the old version 2
              Seems a good price.
              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Do we sacrifice the old gauss meter to build the new one or is it all new pics?

Comment

• How about full kits for those of us that got to the party too late?

Comment

• Originally posted by spy View Post
                    Elepro, keep us updated!
                    yes.... i will post prototype picture and description soon...

Originally posted by David King View Post
                    Do we sacrifice the old gauss meter to build the new one or is it all new pics?
                    i'll send a new PIC and PCB.... then you can re-use old components or make a new one gaussmeter

Originally posted by DC Ross View Post
                    How about full kits for those of us that got to the party too late?
                    i will arrange a list from MOUSER.... you will have to buy PCB and PIC from me and the other component from mouser.....

Comment

• about average mode of version3.0 descripted here:
                      if during measuring there's a pole change, would you prefer an automatic stop with error message displayed or counting in average with warning message in result?

Comment

• I think that could be a useful feature but it might also just get in the way if it keeps tripping on a particular type of magnet (I have no idea what sort of magnet would have this issue so it's probably a mute point.)

I think the "average" data collection is only going to be relevant to the long bar magnets and rails. Again, since the data collection is continuous and time is a function, you'll have to move the probe at a constant speed to get an "accurate" result. This isn't really a limitation but I think new folks will need to understand what the numbers mean and how to get repeatable results before they can benefit from this further refinement. FX; Scanning the full width of a Strat pickup with 6 poles in "Average mode" isn't going to give anyone a very useful data point.

I may be wrong about this, only way to know for sure is to try it out and see what results come out VS the peak hold method.

I'd rather see a head with multiple sensors in an array that averages all the outputs at once or gives you a map of the field strength. A miniature automated scanner could do this since at least the speed could be controlled. Again that's probably data-glut since who needs to know this more than once. All future magnets are likely to read more or less the same way and what can you do about it anyway?
                        Last edited by David King; 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM. Reason: thinking out loud... (the worst kind)

Comment

Working...
                        X