Identify yourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify yourselves

This is a little off topic but no one has ever addressed a pickup maker's alias and membership on the forum.

I have been enlightened about someone that was the focus of a recent thread who is a regular on the pickup maker's forum.

This is my opinion and not addressed to anyone...My question is why do folks hide (maybe too strong of a word) behind an alias and don't want to be known by other pickup makers? If you do good work why would you not want to be identified for your good work by your customers and peers?

The main benefits of having your peers know who you are is that they will address questions or accolades to you rather then someone posting stuff about you not knowing who you are. ...and sometimes in a negative light.

I'll give you a real world example, I asked Skinnywire, who is a member here, who he really was and he wouldn't tell me. ...he mentioned that folks on the forum talked about him negatively at one time and that is why he wouldn't identify himself which doesn't make sense to me. In addition, if folks have a problem with you, you can address it head on and not beat around the bush.

We are all family here and all of us are willing to help each other out. There is no reason to be secret about who you are here.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

My real name is Belwar

Comment

I'm hiding from Spence. cus I'm a schizophrenic,
      and so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post
        My real name is Belwar
        That belwar guy is a total douche.

I just dont advertise who I am. When you have a somewhat famous last name, there is a certain stigma that comes with it - and certain expectations that can be difficult to live up to. I personally prefer anonymity. I dont enjoy the bias that comes with a label.

In a way pickups are a part of my personal life, I research and work on them on my own time.. It's not a matter of hiding, but rather keeping work at work. Most people here know who I am or could figure it out by reading my post history, and if people ask I tell them, I just dont want to make a stink about it.

b.

Comment

I am whoever the voices in my wife's head want me to be.

Ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

I'm D.B. Cooper and you can find me most nights in the parachute club.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

you guys are so krazy....and funnier than a boil on one of Spence's sheep's arse.... just kidding

Comment

Hey Spence,

These guys say they're from Wales too... anyone you know?

YouTube - Extreme Sheep LED Art

Ken
                www.angeltone.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  Hey Spence,

These guys say they're from Wales too... anyone you know?

YouTube - Extreme Sheep LED Art

Ken
                  They are from Wales but unless you know the secret handshake, I'm sworn to secrecy and can't reveal any more than that.
                  sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Zhangqulinn is Larry DiMarzio, you'll find all your ideas patented on his website :-)

Belwar is Michael Jackson, he really isn't dead, he just had another face job and his face looks uhhh, kinda belwar....

Kevin T is really Chuck Norris, he'll come out when he runs for president next term trying to bring back the good ol' days of Bush Jr....he will ban single coils in his first 90 days....

David Schwab is really pretending to be David Schwab but he really isn't, his car is disc shaped and flies....

Possum is really Dave Stephens, King of the Planet Jupiter, ex-graphic designer, pimp, and Kool Aid salesman, and sometimes pickup maker who uses the alias of Pumpmore Semen and can make 25,000 of anything without blinking an eye...
                    http://www.SDpickups.com
                    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Seriously, though.....I think its kinda weird some here don't want anyone to know who they are, if you sell pickups are are already a public target so whats the diff?
                      http://www.SDpickups.com
                      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

It's easier to be someone you are not, when no one knows who you really are.

It's too easy for inexperienced persona to live beyond one's actual experiences by regurgitating the thoughts, ideas and opinions gleaned from others while living vicariously through others lives.
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I just like pretending I'm someone famous by being anonymous. It puts me on a level playing field with the jet set.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post

Kevin T is really Chuck Norris, he'll come out when he runs for president next term trying to bring back the good ol' days of Bush Jr....he will ban single coils in his first 90 days....
                            Possum, everything you said was ok until you mentioned the ass clown.

But it would be a better world if we fought with slingshots and single coils instead of machine guns and IEDs.

Just think, we could get a giant governement contract to produce single coils and be the next Hallaberton of pickups.

Comment

I'm not a tone-aholic, but I play one on TV.

My name is Shannon Hooge, I live in the twin cities, I have no techniques I won't share, and there is no reason to hide my identity.

Thanks to everyone here who shares and is not paranoid. I don't post a lot because I feel I am still learning a ton. Peace.
                              Shannon Hooge
                              NorthStar Guitar
                              northstarguitar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X