Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner XTC FX loop volume and tone drop

Hi!

I got quite a pi**ing-off issue with FX loop in XTC. I am running my effects (BOSS and Seymour Duncan) in parallel mode (if switched to series the amp squeels, there's the same issue, also I don't like the sound of effects then as they distort a bit). I use BOSS PSM-5 Power Supply & Master Switch to engage or disconnect all the set of effects, having loop in the amp always on. And when I kick the PSM, the tone drops down and fades noticeably, becoming nasally and backed-off. It seems like someone would put a blanket on my cab. The same was when the tubes were brand new, so I think it is not a matter of tubes actually.

I've heard that Bogner's loop is fixed rather for rack effects, as it works at +4dB line level. Most pedals (including mine) work at -10dB level. My issue is often being called "parallel phasing issue". This occurs when using an effect in the fx loop (set to parallel) that passes dry signal as well. So there are two "dry" signal streams, one going through the loop (as part of the effect signal) and one bypassing the loop. Because there will be small timing differences between the two, this will cause the sound to degrade, to sound thin. The solution would be to use only effects that can be set to 100% wet. But as for now it is out of my range. Looks like I'm in a deep sh**t actually, as none of my units has such regulation. Only Level can be adjustable.

Is there any way to compansate that volume loss? Any extra unit or any fx mod? Some amplifiers (not the XTC) have switchable effects loop, +4dB or -10dB. I had it in 6100, would be possible to put sth like that into the XTC?

I was also told that Ebtech Line Shifter can convert between line and instrument levels. I wonder if the CAE Boost/Line Driver could help here, leveling the signal. But I use Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster to boost for the solos, so two boosters would be too much I think.

Any other solutions?

Sorry for kinda long post but I wanted to state my problem as clearly as it was possible. Any help would be very much apreciated.

Regards

Andy
Working...
X