Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet switch

Hi all,
    I just had to share a bit of the joy that keeps me playing in this arena. I recently sold a hand gun to buy a guitar and pickup parts (is that an indicator of addiction?) I got this Ibanez artcore guitar, with the nice binding and arched top in solid mahogany. It sounded great unplugged, so I promptly removed the Duncan PU's in it and installed my own, along with new electronics.

It was ok, but a bit of a let down, Neck at 8.4, bridge at 9.2, A5 mags. I diddled with it for about two months and just didn't want to play it. It seemed to have no life. I thought and thought about what to do, and installed an A3 mag in the neck, and A8 in the bridge, and holy buckets, a great sounding guitar again. I could play this thing all day. The way the mags increase the treble is just a kick, and the pu's sound great together too.

So all I'm saying is, especially for relative noobs like me, learn by your experience, follow your gut, and have fun.Sometime all the serious discussion just gets too stressed out....

Shannon
    Shannon Hooge
    NorthStar Guitar
    northstarguitar.com

"Is that an indicator of addiction"
    Not in my book. A gun for a guitar is a good deal everytime as long as the gun is still in safe hands. As to the guitar and pickups that's worth a big smile as well.

Comment

Working...
    X