echoplex EP3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• echoplex EP3 question

I just picked up a 69 Echoplex in virtually mint condition.

I only see one minor issue with it. The slider that controls the delay time is quite stiff. You can't move it by placing a finger on the arrow and sliding it along. You have to reach behind the plate and move it by the playback head.

Anyone have any ideas what needs to be done to get the movement back on the slider?

Thanks in advance.

There is a nut at the bottom of the slider you can loosen to make the slider easier to move. Just don't loosen it too much, you don't want it to be sloppy. This is assuming it is not damaged or bent.

Here is a pic of my Echoplex with the cover removed, and you can see the nut at the bottom of the slider shaft.

You don't want to be using the head to move the assembly back and forth, you could bend it out of alignment and maybe cause damage to the wires coming out the back.

Here is a page on my website about the Echoplex, you may find it useful.

You sure that was built in '69? How did you date it? I thought the EP-3 didn't come along until the seventies.

Good Luck,

Regis
    Stop by my web page!

Comment

Originally posted by Regis View Post
      There is a nut at the bottom of the slider you can loosen to make the slider easier to move. Just don't loosen it too much, you don't want it to be sloppy. This is assuming it is not damaged or bent.

Here is a pic of my Echoplex with the cover removed, and you can see the nut at the bottom of the slider shaft.

You don't want to be using the head to move the assembly back and forth, you could bend it out of alignment and maybe cause damage to the wires coming out the back.

Here is a page on my website about the Echoplex, you may find it useful.

You sure that was built in '69? How did you date it? I thought the EP-3 didn't come along until the seventies.

Good Luck,

Regis
      Thank you for the answer! Your page looks great, too.

I thought the seller told me it was a 69, but he could have been misinformed. It is pre-Maestro, with a Market Electronics nameplate. It must be an early EP3 because it has a dedicated output cord, instead of an output jack. In reading the Echoplex history here (http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=163), it most definitely isn't a 69!

I can't find a picture of an ep3 that looks like mine - mine looks more like a SOS EP2. I wonder if they just housed early ep3s in the same casing.
      Last edited by fuzzinator; 12-18-2006, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X