B2Re Ampeg don't let me play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2Re Ampeg don't let me play

Hello everyone, I am new on this forum that I find very interesting.
    I have bought a Ampeg B2Re in Miami one month ago.
    Went to the store, spent 2 hours with the demo head trying differents cabinets, got the Ampeg Classic SVT 410 HLF get a brand new JBazz Marcus Miller edition, paid and went to my house. I open everything, play 2 hours, packed everything back, sent it to the boat for delivering in the Bahamas.
    When everything arrived, I put everything together and Ho surprise !!!!!!!!
    The amp is clipping all the time for few seconds and then back to the sweet notes. Sometimes I can play two hours and it's fine, sometimes it's not find at all. And since this morning the clipping noise is permanent. I can't play at all. The limiter is on permanently, blinking.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am living in an out island and finding help in that matter is almost impossible.
    Thanks by advance.
    Marc.

You may have a real problem there.

One possibility that comes to mind is that shipping may have caused some stresses that loosened connectors and/or caused solder connections to crack.

Depending on how comfortable you are with disassembly and inspection, you might take the top cover off and look for loosened cable connectors or loose screws.

If you are really brave, (and willing to void your warranty) you can remove the main circuit board and inspect the bottom side for hairline cracks around the lead wires coming through the pads. This method rarely is successful, as the cracks are often too fine to see, but big enough to cause problems.

Comment

Thanks Techineer

I think you are right and I'm looking to your direction to fix the problem.
      I have given the head to an electronic guy who opened it and check but no luck . he says he ready to go further headed to find the problem.
      I hope to be okay soon.
      marco.

Comment

Have you checked your speaker cabinet, speaker cables, connectors and so on? An intermittent short circuit in the speaker wiring could cause the problem you described. Might be nothing wrong with the amp at all. Ideally you should check the amp with another speaker system, and your speaker system with another amp, to eliminate that possibility.

BTW, a house in the Bahamas and a Marcus Miller Jazz bass... Sounds like a pretty good gig :-D
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanks Steve

You now what Steve, that is a great idea. i haden't thought about the cabinet.
          I have a Fender Bassman 60 watts. I will try today the head with it.
          I have checked all the connections. just get a brand new Speakon cable.
          I let you know.
          Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X