Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Polarity on Tascam Portastudio DP-01...Fixable or Trash?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Polarity on Tascam Portastudio DP-01...Fixable or Trash?!

Ok, lighting killed my original adaptor and the new one I reversed the polarity when first hooking it up. At first it just flashed (if I had half a brain I would knew something was wrong) and then stopped completely. After that I decided to read the instruction booklet with the power supply and learned that there are neg. & pos. polarities! So, am I screwed and have to buy a new recorder or can I salvage this one? I know basic soldering, testing, etc, but I really need to know what to check.

*Also there's this little red led light next the the adaptor inlet inside the recorder that comes on when I try to turn it on now, but thats it.

Thanks in advance!!!

skydogda

You could order the service manual from TASCAM, I don;t know if the schematics are online somewhere or not.

But as with most things like that, explore the power supply. You should be able to find the power supply components. Look for a shorted diode or transistor.

With it open, plug ther proper adaptor into the power jack and check the voltage right there. Is the adaptor being loaded down heavy? Or not?

Only once you have proper power supply within the unit can you go on to determine if the rest of it is still OK.

If that one has a hard drive, disconnect the hard drive and see if things light up.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X