Gibson Scout Weak Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Scout Weak Reverb

I just bought a Gibson Scout. I love it. WOW! The person that sold me the amp said that the Scouts have weak reverbs. The threads I have read say this amp should have a lush reverb. Only one reverb tube? The reverb is so weak its almost gone. I replaced the 12AX7 tube. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Daniel

Is this a GA17RVT?

The reverb tube is a 6EU7 according to the schematic I see, though there are a bunch of variations. A 12AX7, two 6EU7s, then the power tubes. Is that the case? Of course this same schematic shows the pin numbers for 12AX7 there. The two type tubes are pretty much the same, except the pins are in different order. A lot of amps have been rewired to use 12AX7 in place of 6EU7.

But if the tube is OK and appropriate for the wiring, then such details as leaky coupling caps and dried out cathode bypass caps will sap the gain of the stages.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Scout reverb

I owned a Princeton Reverb during the time a good friend bought a Gibson GA-17RVT Scout. Playing my reverb on the PR between 3-4 comparing with the Gibson, I did not hear much difference. The Scout my friend has gives excellent reverb. The reverb was driven by a 12AX7.

Tubenit

Comment

Working...
      X