'68 tele pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '68 tele pickup

Hello again, I just got a tele neck and bridge pickup from a friend that needed to be rewound. Both dead. When I removed the copper coated plate on the bridge pup it had on the gray bottom, hand written 9-20-68,and initials that look like PK. It has been obviously rewound at some time. My question is, should I rewind it so he has a good pickup,or would it be better to find a collector that would appreciate it. It doesn't matter to my friend as long as he has a pickup.

If it has been rewound, it may not be as collectable as one may think.

~Stan
    -Stan
    ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
    Stan Hinesley Pickups
    FaceBook

Comment

No, what the hell sort of thinking is that?
      Anyone who collects dead pickups needs to be launched into space.
      Just rewind it and make it look real. Don't piss about with the amateur shit.
      In any case, you'll find that most of the 'experts' actually don't know what the f%*k they're on about and wouldn't know a '68 from a '58.
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Ok,Ok, Thats what I thought.I was going to just rewind it and let it go at that.

Comment

Seriously, a properly done rewind is about the only thing you can do to a guitar that will not lower the collector value too much. I have a '55 Strat pickup I had Lindy F. verify and rewind years ago myself.

I think it's silly the way 'vintage collectors' obsess about things like that, I have a buddy who collects amps and all he cares about is originality. Amp doesn't have to work at all, just so the parts are all original. He won't even change a power cord or a fuse if he can avoid it.

Ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
          X