No announcement yet.

Threaded magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess you gotta luv 'em if you're going to go to all that effort to make accurate copies, well not exactly accurate though...
    They do nothing for me and still think they were one of Seth Lover's worst moments :-) Have fun with it anyway. I made an accurate reissue of P13's despite the fact that there are only two guitar players on the planet who even know what they are :-) I do sell maybe 10 sets a year now; I'm still waiting for the guys who buy the Korean Harmony reissue guitars to find me to rebuild the fake P13s they are equipped with, maybe those guitars aren't selling either....
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by jason lollar View Post
      why would you make them? Fender reissued those deluxes and customs for the last 10 years or so- there are thousands of them in players hands so i have been getting requests for years.
      as far as routing guitars, I have several pickup designs I made that people have routed thier guitars for- its amazing how many of these odd pickups I have made for people where they have to modify thier guitars to accept them- amazing actually!
      I see. Looks like our customer base is entirely different!

That australian guy that got a set made using the guts of the MIM reissue ones got'em to sound quite well, not quite like the originals but very good sounding indeed anyway.

Hear by yourself, the guy's using an old Fender Bronco amp.

http://www.offsetguitars.com/persona...telebronco.mp3

The guy who actually made the set goes by the nick of Tele-Bob in the Duncan forum.
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
        Guess you gotta luv 'em if you're going to go to all that effort to make accurate copies, well not exactly accurate though...
        Personally I'm not a fan of those pickups. But as long as Fender keep feeding the market with at least 6 different models with the not-so-accurate sounding WRHB reissues there will always be a market for anyone ready to offer anything from a relatively affordable rebuild (new magnets and a rewind) to what Jason seems to be doing, a very accurate reproduction.

Comment

There not A2 nor A5, per the email I got in reply to some questions:

These threaded rod magnets is thread 10-32 or 10-24. (all 0.190 Dia) with slot one end and 2 ends dome.

Magnet grades are FeCrCo2 ( equal to alnico2) and FeCrCo5(equal to alnico5)

Length can be from 0.40" to 0.800" . now what we are making was:

1. FeCrCo2 10-24 thread x 0.420"long
          2. FeCrCo5 10-32 thread x 0.625"long
          3. FeCrCo5 1/4-20 thread x 0.705"long ( 1/4-20 was 0.250"dia.)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Best regards,

FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
            Helicoil inserts was the name UK side.
            Bingo!

Heli-Coil ( HeliCoil Inserts ) Helicoils Screw Thread Inserts | Emhart.com
            Last edited by David Schwab; 07-27-2009, 12:11 AM.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Anything FeCrCo is magnet steel I beleive

Originally posted by Manlius View Post

These threaded rod magnets is thread 10-32 or 10-24. (all 0.190 Dia) with slot one end and 2 ends dome.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Best regards,

FWIW

Comment

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Best regards,

FWIW
                Ah!

FeCrCo - FeCrCo is one machinable magnets -Sens Magnet Manufacturer

The other one is Fernico (Iron [Fer], Nickel [Ni] and Cobalt [Co]), and of course Cunife [copper [Cu], nickel [Ni], iron [Fe])
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Wierd - I thought I posted this earlier but I guess not ...

FeCrCo is magnet steel - I believe also called Cobalt steel. I dont think there is much relation to Alnico.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Best regards,

FWIW

Comment

Did Sensmag send you this?

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Best regards,

FWIW
                    If so I'm a bit dissapointed because the send this to me:
                    A2 with thread please advise thread and length. ( we are making 10-32 thread x 0.625"length and 10-24 thread x 0.420" length.
                    A5 with thread please advise thread and length. ( we are making 10-32 thread x 0.625"length and 10-24 thread x 0.420" length.
                    and althou I, just like anyone else would like to have Cunife mangets, a FeCrCo magnets migt be as good substitution as Alnico but they should indeed state that it is fecrco and not alnico. For me, it might not matter but it leaves a slight bitter taste in the mouth, like can I at all trust them on qualities and so on. Anyway, I'll see for my self in a short while...

BTW thanks for that info Manilus

Comment

I have an original tele deluxe and a re-issue I put original wide ranges in and those pickups are not weak or bright. Idont care for them as a bridgepickup too much but fora neck pickup IF you have a fairly tight amplike a bassman head cab combo or a twin reverb, its a really good neck pickup for what it is and the way I play which is reasonably clean and tight in the bass but on the edge of distorting- kind of like johnny guitar watson tone.
                      Maybe if you played even more distorted you would like them even better than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Naglitsch View Post
                        Did Sensmag send you this?

If so I'm a bit dissapointed because the send this to me:

and althou I, just like anyone else would like to have Cunife mangets, a FeCrCo magnets migt be as good substitution as Alnico but they should indeed state that it is fecrco and not alnico. For me, it might not matter but it leaves a slight bitter taste in the mouth, like can I at all trust them on qualities and so on. Anyway, I'll see for my self in a short while...

BTW thanks for that info Manilus
                        Yes, a contact of mine from Sensmag sent that exact email to me about 2-3 weeks ago....

I got hooked up with sensmag a few months ago from a supplier I was using, and they have been great to me, so I would think you could trust them on quality and such, but would stop short of vouching for them b/c I have never personally met them....

Comment

Yes, i found these on the net, i think i remember them used for spark plugs when "dirt was new".
                          Maybe some of the lads on here will attempt to make a pickup using Alnico and the right size of Helicoil, probably a silent snatcher, sorry, watcher.

Comment

Has anyone ever heard these FeNiCo magnets in a pickup? I'm curious now. I couldn't care less about the threads but lengths of .80" are looking better to me than the .420" and .625" they mentioned.

Comment

doing business with sens mag?

I just got sens mag payment details and the ABA# (routing #) only has 3 numbers. When I went to my bank to wire the money they thought it looked suspicious. Did anyone else have this problem, or should I just ask sens mag for the correct routing number?

Comment

I did not have any problems dealing with them. My bank did not have any issues. I think we routed to their New York account. I would have dig up the paperwork to be sure.

They were a pleasure to deal with and they had great communication.
                                Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Working...
                                X