Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organ Reverb to standalone Guitar 'verb

Hello,

I've searched the www for a schematic to no avail. I have this reverb section from a Wurlitzer 4100BW tube organ and I'm wondering if I can convert it for use as a standalone guitar reverb. I'm kind of lost without a schematic. Could someone tell me from viewing the attached pic. If this is possible. This unit has 4 Germanium Transistors. Does this mean that it is solid state? I do have the rest of the organ's electronic components but it has been gutted so it's hard to see where things went.

I can see where the volume control connects (fat red cable) and there are two shielded grey cables that I assume are the signal in/out? The only other wire is a thin red one that attaches to a large resistor so I am assuming that that is where power comes in??? If so is there anyway to figure out what kind of power this thing needs to see?

I'm just wondering if is it worthwhile to try and convert this or am I better off using the transducer and any other salvageable parts to build a Fenderish reverb.

Also, if anyone knows of a schematic for this beast anywhere I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks a bunch,

Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by distorto; 07-23-2009, 03:22 AM.

get the transistor part no.s and google them for the specs and pinout. find the base connection to the first transistor. find the collector output (or emitter) for the last transistor. whoop 9 volts on it in the corret polarity. jam

Comment

Hey thanks for that. I'll have to give it a whirl!

Comment

Working...
      X