Fender M80 Chorus Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender M80 Chorus Help!!

So as my first half stack I thought an M80 Chorus by Fender would be a brilliant idea, having played my friends full stack. I decided to give it a shot. So I went to DaddysJunkyMusic.com and found both the cabinet and head for under $400. They head came first and my friend with the full stack let me borrow one of his cabinets and play out of it. It was fun for about half n' hour until it completely shut off...

The lights would be on but no noise would come out. I tried to switch channels. Nothing.

I tried turning it off and then on again. Nothing.

I had to wait over night to play for less and less time every day it happened.

So about 3 months later I took it to a shop in my town and paid $100 to fix it. The guy said it was the switching board and then when I went to pick it up, it freaked out at the store. Then he told me that there was a crack in the board. And another day or so and finally he seemed to have fixed it.

The next weekend I was playing with my friends and it freaked out again and shut off for a little bit.

I jammed the guitar cable into the amp and it seemed to have worked. I'm guessing it's the input but if someone can help me out that would be great.

I have an Epiphone Goth Explorer with active EMG 81/85.

I played it with a Gibson SG with stock passive pickups and it worked absolutely fine, I asked the guy if he thought that would have been something to do with it and he said no.

Any help would be much appreciated.

i may have misunderstood but if it works with the sg and not the explorer im guessing your explorer has a problem. Just try replacing the batteries and cleaning the inputs, outputs and effect loop jacks (if it has one) and see what happens.
    when it shuts off is there any sound what-so-ever? if it 'dies' again try strumming hard and seeing if any sound comes through. What do you mean by freak out? crackling or sound fading/kicking in and out?
    Thats about all i can help for, hopefully someone more experienced can help

Comment

It plays fine with the passive pickup SG, but not with the active pickup Epiphone? Try a new battery in your Epiphone.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the amp. I'm thinking about getting my explorer grounded because there is a lot of feedback when I play through it.

I switched out my battery many times, I'm positive it's not that.

When I say freak out, I mean like shut off and there is no sound what-so-ever.

I shoved the guitar cable hard into the amp head input and that seemed to have it fixed it for the most part.

Anything else?

Comment

If pushing the plug hard into the jack makes a difference, resolder the jack, and possible even replace it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X