X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me hook up this counter to the sensor

dam that counter is small
    can some give me some pointers how to hook this up
    here's a picture of my counter and inductive proximity sensor ,its the cub 3 & a bernstein 3 wire 10- 30v- 200ma i think is direct current, I'm just wondering how to hook it up i do have several dc 12v chargers to use as a power source if i need one .
    I'm not schooled in reading schematics
    i was playing around trying to hook it up with no luck ,
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Well, as for me I can't read that red piece of paper, I've tried to zoom-in but it's just too blurry to make out the specs. I don't see the model number of the sensor but I think I see a phone number there have you called them?.

Folks might better help if you posted specifics, "a bernstein 3 wire 10- 30v- 200ma i think" just doesn't do anything for me personally.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

here's another photo and maybe i will try to contact the manufacturer
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post

here's another photo and maybe i will try to contact the manufacturer
        thanks
        And another idea, does that tag on the cable have a part number? if it does you could google it for a data sheet. Normally data sheets show how to hook things up.
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Your inductive prox is a PNP. That means it's switching the positive as opposed to a NPN which switches the negative. The prox is most likely a 10-24 volts dc.

If your counter is also the same voltage then you would hook the black wire from the prox to the black of the counter and hook the blue of the prox to the white of the counter and also to negative voltage. Positive voltage goes to the brown wire of the prox.

I think your counter is 120v ac judging by the wire. So that would not work. There is a Durant counter that counts very fast that I have used and works with this prox, which I have also used.
          Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Data sheet

Look here:

http://stevenengineering.com/tech_su...Fs/38MAN_C.pdf

http://www.bernstein-ag.de/cw_bernst...app_mag_gb.pdf

Bernstein AG

Bernd
            www.t-rod-guitars.de

Comment

I can see things a bit better now on different monitor.

It says count goes to white so put the black from the prox to white from counter, and black from counter goes to blue of prox with common. You may need to connect it with the brown instead of blue. It shouldn't hurt it to switch it around.

Using a small wall wart will work fine.

thanks for the cut sheets Sportbernd
              Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Cub 3 counters are powered by an internal battery so your power problem there is solved If you don't see a 0 on the counter right now, the batteries are probably dead. You can get them fairly cheaply. You need two N size batteries, they look like shorter AA cells.

The tag in the first pic shows it as being 10-30 VDC, so yeah, if you can find a 12 volt wall wart, you're golden.
                www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

i got it figured i think

counter was working when passing a nail in front of the sensor
                  hope this is rite

Comment

Working...
                  X