Solution to dealing with loose notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to dealing with loose notes

I write notes on everything (scratch pads, not cards, back of envelopes, etc.) Well I am SOOOO tired of spending my adult life looking for notes! So I went to staples and got a composition notebook with graph paper. I avoided anything with metal spirals that would short out components if I placed the pad on the amp. I also wanted bound pages so things would not get lost. The graph paper aids in drawing schematics or wiring diagrams.

No no more searching for the transistor number that I wrote on the back of a bean can label.

+1

I've been doing it that way for years. I use A LOT of graph paper. I buy it at Office Max in five ream sleeves. Sometimes I dedicate a whole pad to a project, put a lable on the front and just never remove the sheets. For smaller project I remove the sheets and use a hole punch so I can file them in a binder with other related projects. What sucks is running out of graph paper in the middle of a project.

As a side note... The light blue ink that the "graph" is made of doesn't replicate on most copiers. So hand drawn schematics and diagrams copied look as if they were drawn with a rule. Very nice.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X