Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey KB100 Horn Source?

Hi.

I'm trying to track down a replacement horn for this amp. Not sure what wattage to look for, though. Does anyone have any info on that, as well as a good source for one?

This amp does not have the XLR input, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

OK, are we talking the plastic horn with the dual drivers? Maybe 8x10"? Or is it the smaller ssingle driver horn about 4" square? Both use the same piezo driver. Do the drivers bolt on with three screws and say Motorola on them?

The single ones are the classic Motorola KSN1005 piezo tweeter. it or its clones are available widely. If I need a driver for the dual horn, I buy a new 1005 and take its driver off. Actually on these the driver is called a "motor."

If you really need the whole horn, Peavey sells any and all parts for their products directly. CALL their parts department. If the plastic part is OK but it no longer makes sound properly, then you can replace just the drivers - three screws and you are done.

Many places that sell speakers and speaker related parts sell the piezo tweeters. They are dirt cheap. Parts Express for example has them as low as 88 cents. Enter KSN1005 in their search window.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Its the single one, about 4", and yes, it is the 3-bolt Motorola unit. The local Peavey service center is asking $15 for it. The horn itself is fine, but got no reading across the terminals of the motor/driver. For 88-cents, though, I'll just get the unit and be done with it. The extra horn should make a great shade for a track light.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your dead-on response.

Comment

Working...
      X