Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH with 1 vol + 2tones + super 5 way switch

Hello

I want to load my Strat in a HH configuration with the following setting (PRS like) :
    - Neck
    - Split Incoil Neck + Bridge
    - Neck + Bridge (serie), Gibson like
    - Split outcoil Neck + Bridge
    - Bridge

For that a super 5 way switch is required (I do not want to have mini ewitchor push / pull)

On DiMarzio site I found a diagram but with 1 tone (I want 2 tone pots)

http://www.dimarzio.com//media/diagrams/E.pdf

At Seymour, they do not have.

Can someone help me on this topic ?

Thanks

The trouble with two tone pots for this kind of thing is that anytime you have more than one pickup selected both tone pots would operate on both pickups. That is to say that the two tone pots would be essentially wired in parallel anytime more than one pickup is selected. So you could only make adjustments accurately for using each pickup singularly, but not without effecting the tone of the other pickup when both are selected.

How about one tone and one mid control???

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I agree with you, one vol and one tone should be good, easier to manage when playing. Regarding middle mid control, could be also a good option to boost lead., I have never try it however I have a Godin Artisant ST with a mid push/pull switch and I do not really like it. I plan to load in my Strat 2 Bare Knuckle Crawler (HH config).
      Thanks for your advise
      Stéphane

Comment

If you use a dual pot for the volume control, so that each pickup has it's own separate pot, but on one shaft, you will satisfy the requirements of the control count and also the electrical criteria for wiring two tone pots.
        John R. Frondelli
        dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Working...
        X