Building a custom guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a custom guitar.

For the longest time my favorite body style is the Rickenbacker 4001 bass guitar model. However, I do not play bass anymore and I'm trying to find some way of making my own custom guitar with this body style. Of course, I'm not sure how to do this and am in need of help from those who may. I know I may have problems with getting an appropriate neck to fit but other than that I'm fairly clueless. Is this task even possible? Or plausable?
    Any advice would be awesome. Thanks.

Anything is possible. It will be a custom build for sure. The body would have to be made from scratch. The neck could be custom made as well, but more likely you'll end up using a "paddle" blank headstock neck and cutting it to look like what you want. You'll have to decide whether or not to do a neck through, set neck, or bolt on. Lollar might be doing horseshoe pickups again. It'd be cool!

Comment

I've seen a few Ric 4001 copies made from scratch. They used to make a guitar with that style body too, the 480 and 481.

You will have to make everything from scratch, as no one makes any Ric look-a-like parts, due to Rickenbacker taking legal action against anyone who does.

Of course you can probably find a used one, but they wont be cheap.

It would have to be a neck through if you want it to be accurate. But you can make something with the same body shape and a bolt on neck.

Here's a 480 and 481.

It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
      X